– Location (s):
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Lviv Data Science Summer School is transferred to an online format.
Lviv Data Science Summer School is an educational initiative of the Faculty of Applied Sciences of the Ukrainian Catholic University. The Summer School participants – undergraduates, Ph.D. students, young professionals – study state-of-the-art methods and tools of Data Science, and Machine Learning. The school is oriented towards the intermediate level of participants’ knowledge.
The dates of the school in 2021 are July 19th – 30th.
The goal of the Summer School is to give the practice-oriented knowledge in the field of Data Science.
The students are involved in several elective practice-oriented courses in the domains of Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Healthcare, Social Network Analysis, Urban Data Science, etc.
The participants can gain from 3 to 6 ECTS credits after the School completion. Some courses will include assignments, each of which allows to get 1 ECTS credit. Assignments are provided by teachers. Also, each assignment has a specific deadline.
Course list (updating)
- Customer Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Teaching
- Fairness and interpretability in Machine Learning
- Discrete Computation Graphs
- Applied Econometrics (Macro and Finance)
- Machine Learning for time series and sensor data
- Deep Learning for Computer Vision
- Bayesian Thinking for Applied Machine Learning
- Machine learning for financial data structures
- Conversational Design
- Introduction to Urban Data Science
The scientists from well-known universities and the leading specialists of the Ukrainian and world’s companies teach at the Summer School.
– Description of Ideal Candidate:
Eligible applicants should be familiar with the basics of Statistical Inference, Machine Learning, Python programming (also R programming will be good). Detailed knowledge prerequisites together with the recommendations for the individual preparation can be found on the “Terms of service” web page under the Prerequisites section.
- Deadline: June 01, 2021
- Program Starts: July 19, 2021
- Program Ends: July 30, 2021
– Cost/funding for participants:
- Not Funded